Now that you’ve completed the User Level badge, let’s earn some DS Admin Level badges. You’ll get your own site, learn to customize it, and populate it with a broad array of content.
Make sure you meet all the requirements before you start!:
- Have you earned the User Level badge? If not, go here and come back later.
- Have you gotten a new site yet, and are you logged into it? If not, go here and come back later.
Also, it is highly recommended that you are currently working on a course project or portfolio, because some Skills will refer to it. If you aren’t, feel free to start one—or make one up!
You will complete six Skills badges (see below), then once all your Skills badges are approved by our DS elves you’ll automatically get the Admin Level badge. (There is an optional, seventh Sharing Skill badge we recommend you complete as well, but it’s not required for the Admin Level badge.)
Feel free to be in touch with us if questions as you earn Skills badges toward the DS Admin Level badge.
When you’ve earned your DS Admin Level badges, make sure to read the Display Your Badges page for tips on how to share them!
6 Required Steps
- Earn “Admin Skill #1: Customize”
- Earn “Admin Skill #2: Content”
- Earn “Admin Skill #3: Menus”
- Earn “Admin Skill #4: Themes”
- Earn “Admin Skill #5: Widgets”
- Earn “Admin Skill #6: Plugins”