1. When was your experience with place-based education?
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
2. For the majority of your education, where was the school you attended located?
- Urban setting
- Suburban setting
- Rural setting
3. How many students were enrolled in your high school?
4. What type of school did you go to?
- charter (if so, did it have a focus on the arts, sciences etc.?)
5. Did your school have a particular focus? (i.e. arts, STEM, bilingual immersion, vocational, religious) Feel free to provide any relevant information.
6. Which racial/ethnic/cultural groups were represented at your school?
7. Have you had any exposure to place-based/experiential learning? If so, which subject? What did it look like? Did you like it? If not, would you have liked to see it in your education? In what capacity?
8. For which subjects do you think place-based learning is most beneficial? (Choose 3)
- Language Arts
- Foreign Languages
- Social Science
9. What is the most important aspect of your hometown?/What does “place” mean to you?
- Community members (friends, family, neighbors, etc.)
- Setting (urban, rural, etc)
- Landscape (lakes, forests, oceans)
- Cultural or Political Groups
- Historical Events or Landmarks
10. Please elaborate on your answer.