The first Admin Skill you will learn is how to do simple customizations to your site.
- Have you gotten a new site yet, and are you logged into it? If not, go here and come back later.
To earn this Skill, follow the below steps, then follow the submission requirements at bottom.
- On your site’s admin bar (at top of each page for logged-in users), click Customize.
- For Site Identity, edit your preferred site title and tagline (subtitle); please don’t edit the site icon. Titles and subtitles can be anything you want and can be changed whenever, but remember that they should be provocative and professional.
- There are lots of other Customize options you can play with. If you are using the default Agency Pro theme you got for your new site, please do the following:
- Background Image: Feel free to change your background image, bearing in mind that it shows up on your home page and behind all other pages.
- Widgets: You’ll learn more about Widgets in an upcoming Skill; for now, go to Widgets > Home Top and edit the title and content as desired. (Note that this widget text includes HTML code; don’t edit the code unless you know a bit of HTML.)
- Color Scheme: Feel free to choose one of five color schemes for site colors, links, etc.
- Site Layout: Note that your initial default page layout is full width; later you can edit this to include one or more sidebars.
Remember that the Customize button is the easiest way to change the look of your site!
Submission requirements: Please attach a screenshot of your site’s home page with edited Site Identity (and, if you are using Agency Pro, the Home Top widget). In the submission box, you may feel free to comment on what you learned. This Skill will be approved by a student helper checking your submission, so make sure it’s fully complete.